The Staelduin campsite is run by a team of volunteers. There are no paid staff whatsoever. This of course means that everyone spends a little bit of their free time to do their part in maintaining the site or hosting guests. We have wardens / hosts, carpenters, painters, groundskeepers, electricians, internet administrators and a team that oversees all of this.
As a camper you will have the most contact with the hosts, this is also our largest group of volunteers.
- Are host to all campers
- When asked, provide tools and material.
- Are a source of (tourist) information about the area, supermarkets, doctors, etc.
- Handel in/outgoing mail
- Sell postcards, stamps, badges, and name-bands
- Make sure the campsite is treated with respect and that the campers follow the rules
- Make sure you leave the site in a good condition for the next group to enjoy
When arriving at the site, please contact the camp-host. After you sign in he or she will point you towards your campsite.
The camp-hosts are on site 24 hours a day and always available during emergencies.